A Healthy Low Carb Dinner Idea: Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Zucchini Boats , By www.healthcoverage.me .
“Gluten free · Serves 4 · Looking for low carb healthy dinner ideas? This simple keto friendly meal is made with just 5 ingredients: ground chicken, marinara, zucchini, mozzarella and parmesan. The whole family will love it! This yummy low carb chicken dinner recipe is fast, easy, healthy, cheap and delicious! Great for beginners on a low carb or ketogenic diet. ”
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 large zucchinis (or 4 small)
- 2 cups marinara or tomato sauce
- 3 cups freshly shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and chop the ground chicken until no longer pink. Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix in about 2 cups of tomato sauce with the chicken and turn the heat to low so it can simmer and absorb the sauce for a bit (you don’t want it to be too runny, so if you’re using a thin sauce you may need to use a little less).
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- While the chicken and sauce are simmering, de-stem and cut your zucchinis in half length wise. Use a spoon or melon baller to carve out the guts. *See tip in notes for what to do with the guts.
- Mix in 2 cups of shredded mozzarella and 1/2 cup of your parmesan to the chicken and sauce mixture; stir until melted.
- Spoon the mixture onto your zucchini boats, and then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan over top.
- Bake uncovered in the center rack for 25 minutes, and then switch your oven to broil for a few minutes to brown the cheese.
Comment 8962 / Based On 8962 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 8962 Customer Reviews