Creamed Cabbage Ground Beef Casserole , By www.healthcoverage.me .
“A creamed cabbage and ground beef with bacon low carb casserole recipe. It’s the perfect comfort food for keto meals. #casseroles #ketocasseroles #comfortfood ”
- 6 slices no sugar bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dry minced onion
- 1 head of cabbage cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 3 tablespoons cold butter cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning I used Emeril’s Brand (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- dash fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook bacon in a skillet, drain, chop and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the beef with the onion until brown. Remove and set aside.
- Place the cabbage in a large microwavable casserole dish with cover, sprinkle in salt, tossing as needed.
- Top cabbage with the thin butter slices, cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Transfer half the cabbage to a 9×13 baking dish.
- Top with the beef mix, then the bacon.
- Place remaining cabbage on top.
- Prepare the sauce by melting the 1/4 cup of butter in the skillet.
- Add the heavy cream and water, sprinkle and whisk in the xanthan gum.
- Cook on medium high heat until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper; taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Pour the white sauce over the top of the cabbage, beef, and bacon.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until casserole is hot and bubbly and cabbage is cooked through.
Comment 6987 / Based On 6987 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 6987 Customer Reviews