Grandma’s Chocolate Pie , By www.healthcoverage.me .
MY GRANDMOTHER SERVED CHOCOLATE MERINGUE PIE AFTER SUNDAY DINNER EACH WEEK, USUALLY WITH AN APOLOGY IT WAS “TOO RUNNY” OR SOMETHING ELSE WAS WRONG WITH IT.
- ½ c. cocoa
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 ½ c. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- This recipe does not have meringue on it. You could make the meringue if you want.
- Mix cocoa, cornstarch, beaten egg yolks; sugar and salt and vanilla, then add milk gradually, while stirring in a pot over med-high heat.
- Cook until thick, beating it smooth.
- Pour into a pre-baked pie shell.
- Put in the fridge to chill.
Comment 7965 / Based On 7965 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 7965 Customer Reviews