Homemade Caulitatoes , By www.healthcoverage.me .
This is the best, easy low-carb, keto, paleo, Whole30 or THM:S substitution for mashed potatoes. Learn how to make the best No-Fail Caulitatoes (aka Cauliflower “Mashed Potatoes”) with our without the Instant Pot– they’re the best stand-in for real mashed potatoes! #caulitatoes #keto
- 1 large head cauliflower fresh, stems trimmed and florets roughly chopped
- pure water
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter or other fat of choice, such as ghee, tallow or lard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper omit for AIP
- herbs fresh of your choice, such as parsley or chives
- Begin by cutting up the head of cauliflower. Remove as much of the stems from the florets as possible. Too much stem in your cauli-tatoes can give them a funky taste.
- Then rough-chop the florets to be pea-size or smaller. You could also pulse them a few times in a food processor, but chopping them does the trick and gives you fewer dishes to wash later.
- Next, steam the cauliflower. I don’t have a steamer basket, so I use a stock pot with a lid and a stainless steel colander. I put an inch of water in the bottom of my stock pot, place the colander inside the pot, add the cauliflower to the colander, then cover with the lid.
- On medium-high heat, steam the cauliflower for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring twice during steaming. The cauliflower pieces should be just fork tender, but not mushy at all.
- Transfer the steamed cauliflower to a high-speed blender.
- Quickly add butter or ghee, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Pulse a couple of times to get the blender going, then blend on low speed for 20 to 30 seconds, until smooth. Don’t over-blend or the cauli-tatoes will be too runny.
- If desired, sprinkle with your favorite chopped herbs.
- Serve immediately.
Comment 7986 / Based On 7986 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 7986 Customer Reviews