Jalapeno Popper Soup (Low Carb & Gluten Free) , By www.healthcoverage.me .
” Keto Jalapeno Popper Soup by I Breathe I’m Hungry. This easy cheesy soup recipe is to swear by this winter. Pin made by GetSnackable.com #Soup #Jalapenos ”
- 4 slices raw bacon
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- 2 Tbl salsa verde
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 large jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- Cook the bacon in a medium saucepan until crisp – remove and chop for garnish and set aside.
- In the same pan, along with the bacon grease, add the heavy cream, water or broth, and cream cheese.
- Simmer gently, stirring often, until the cream cheese has melted and the liquid is smooth.
- Whisk in the garlic powder, salsa verde and shredded cheeses until completely incorporated.
- Meanwhile, wash the jalapenos and broil or grill them until softened and charred.
- Remove the skins and seeds and chop finely.
- Add to the soup and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To thicken further, add the optional 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and serve garnished with chopped bacon.
Comment 8325 / Based On 8325 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 8325 Customer Reviews