Jalapeno Popper Taquitos , By www.healthcoverage.me .
“Get Access To 1000s of Healthy Recipes, Desserts, Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Keto Recipes, Paleo Recipes, Vegan Recipes, Cookbooks and much more… ”
- 3-6 jalapeños, diced (more for spicy, less for mild)
- 16 ounces lean ground beef (about 88%)
- 1 tablespoon New Mexico chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup bacon crumbles (1 pound cooked and diced)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 24-48 6″ small flour tortilla or corn tortillas*
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large (10 inch) skillet over medium-high heat cook ground beef and jalapeños, until cooked through. Break beef up with a spatula as it cooks. Add all seasonings and 1 cup of water. Stir and cover with the lid. Cook 10 minutes, remove the cover and continue to cook until water evaporates. Remove from heat. Add bacon. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, place cream cheese in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add cooked beef mixture to cream cheese and stir until combined well. Add cheese and stir again until completely combined.
- Layout 4 tortillas at a time and add 1-2 tablespoons of mixture to the lower 1/3 of the tortilla. Roll the taquito tightly without tearing the tortilla. Place taquitos seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat until the baking sheet is full, being careful not to allow the taquitos to touch. If the taquitos are unrolling or tearing, see cook’s note for tips.
- Spray taquitos with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Bake 15-20 minutes until the tortillas are crisp or the ends begin to brown.
Comment 8964 / Based On 8964 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 8964 Customer Reviews