Keto Cajun Pork Chops and Cabbage , By www.healthcoverage.me .
“This easy Cajun Pork Chops and Fried Cabbage dish is the easiest one pan, 30 minute meal! At just 3.7 net carbs this is a low carb, keto approved dinner you will love! #keto #onepanrecipe ”
- Cajun Seasoning Rub
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork chops (boneless or bone in, your choice)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 head chopped cabbage (about 3 heaping cups)
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Pork Chops and Fried Cabbage
- Mix the cajun spice rub together in a small bowl.
- Rub the mix generously on each side of the pork chops, set them aside.
- Heat a 12 inch skillet (cast iron preferably) and one tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Sear the pork chops 2-3 minutes on each side until they are browned and the spice mix has formed a flavorful crust. Remove the pork chops from the skillet and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Add one tablespoon of butter , minced garlic and three cups of chopped cabbage to the skillet. The skillet will be quite full so lightly stir but allow the cabbage to reduce a bit, usually 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the broth, salt and pepper to taste and stir well. Allow the cabbage to cook, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes.
- When it has reduce and become tender add one tablespoon of butter, stir and top with the cajun pork chops. Place a lid on the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cook 10 minutes or until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
Comment 7562 / Based On 7562 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 7562 Customer Reviews