Keto General Tso’s Chicken , By www.healthcoverage.me .
“Looking for a keto dinner idea? Try this low carb General Tso’s Chicken with Cauliflower Rice! #generaltsoschicken #generaltsochicken #Chicken #KetoChicken #KetoDinner #KetoLunch #Keto #Ketosis #ketoresults #KetoDiet #KetoVale #Ketofam #ketofamily #Ketogenic #ketogenicdiet #ketogeniclife #ketogeniclifestyle #ketogenicliving #ketorecipes #LowCarb #LowCarbDiet #LCHF #ketolifestyle #ketofriendly #ketolife ”
- 500 grams Chicken Thighs You want to use boneless and skinless chicken
- 5 grams garlic
- 5 grams Ginger
- 50 grams Spring Onion Separate the white part and the green part.
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Soya Sauce Try this one
- 1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar Try this one
- 1/2 Tbsp Sesame Oil Try this one
- 1/2 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Chinese Cooking Wine Try this one
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Psyllium Husk (as required) I use this
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder Try this one
- Oil/Lard/Ghee/Bacon Fat for deep frying
- 1 Tbsp Chicken Fat
- 1/4 Cup Chicken stock Try this one
- 4 Dried Red Chillies Try this one
- Stevia or preferred sweetener to taste
- Start by cutting the chicken thighs into small bite size pieces. Then in a large bowl add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and marinate with 1/2 tbsp soya sauce, 1/2 tbsp vinegar, 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, baking powder and 1 egg.
- Then individually dip and coat each piece of chicken in the psyllium husk. Once done breading the chicken heat your oil for deep frying. You can alternatively shallow fry as well.
- Once the oil is hot fry the chicken in batches. It should take 3-4 minutes to cook each batch. Since I cook by intuition I cannot give you a temperature for the oil. But to test it I add a bit of the batter in and if it floats up the oil is generally hot enough.
- After frying the chicken set it on paper towels to drain of any excess oil.
- In a frying pan heat up the chicken fat or any Keto approved cooking fat and fry the garlic, ginger, chillies and spring onions.
- Fry until the garlic starts to turn golden brown and then add in the chicken stock, 1/2 tbsp vinegar, 1 1/2 tbsp soya sauce and stevia and cook till it starts to reduce a bit and get syrup like. You can also add the cooking wine if you have access to that and also add some hot sauce if you want to make it spicier. If the sauce looks too little compared to the chicken add in some more chicken stock.
- Once the sauce has reduced a bit then add in the chicken and give everything a good mix. Once the chicken is fully coated garnish and finish with the green part of the spring onion.
Comment 9632 / Based On 9632 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 9632 Customer Reviews