Keto Shepherd’s Pie or Cottage Pie , By www.healthcoverage.me .
“Keto shepherd’s pie is a low carb version of a classic comfort food. The whole family will love this baked dish with ground meat and vegetables. They may not even notice the topping isn’t mashed potatoes! // low carb yum recipes // keto dinner recipes // food recipes healthy low carb // #shepherdspie #lowcarbrecipes #lowcarb #keto #glutenfree #lowcarbdinner #ketodinner ”
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 pounds ground beef (you can use ground lamb, chicken, or turkey)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 10 oz. bags of frozen riced cauliflower (cook and drain as to remove excess moisture)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in a skillet on the stove and cook meat, onion, celery, and garlic. Stir in tomato paste, and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- If not using an oven-safe skillet, transfer meat mixture to a medium-sized casserole dish.
- Heat up cauliflower in microwave according to package instructions, and drain if any excess water.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor. Add in cheeses, cream, butter, and oregano. Process until mixture has a “mashed potato” consistency.
- Spread mixture on top of meat evenly.
- Place in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- Cut and serve warm.
Comment 6998 / Based On 6998 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 6998 Customer Reviews