Lemon Butter Chicken , By www.healthcoverage.me .
AMAZINGLY GOOD! Made with a few simple ingredients yet it’s so flavorful and delicious! A weeknight chicken dinner staple. #lemon #chicken #chickenbreasts #dinnerideas #recipe
- 4 (5 oz) chicken breasts*, pounded to an even 1/3-inch thickness
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, sliced into 1 Tbsp pieces, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley (optional)
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow dish then dredge both sides of chicken breasts in flour, one at a time.
- Heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter, let butter melt, then add in chicken breasts in a single layer.
- Sear until golden brown on bottom, about 4 – 5 minutes then flip and continue to cook until chicken registers 165 degrees in center, about 4 – 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer chicken to a plate while leaving any little bit of excess oil in pan.
- Reduce to medium heat, add garlic and saute 20 seconds, or until just lightly golden brown, then pour in chicken broth while scraping browned bits up.
- Pour in lemon juice then bring mixture to a simmer, reduce heat slightly and let simmer until liquid has reduced by about half, about 2 minutes.
- Add in remaining 3 Tbsp butter and lemon zest, stir to melt butter.
- Return chicken to skillet, spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley. Serve warm.
- Recipe source: inspired by my Lemon Butter Salmon
Comment 7201 / Based On 7201 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 7201 Customer Reviews