Low-Carb Turkey Taco Lettuce Cups , By www.healthcoverage.me .
No bread? No problem! Doubling up on romaine leaves insures a mess-free lunch, sans the carbs. If you’re looking for more lettuce cups we love these easy Thai chicken lettuce cups! Get the recipe at Delish.com. #delish #easy #recipe #turkey #turkeytaco #lettucecups #Lowcarbdinner #dinnerideas #healthydinner
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, outer leaves separated
- Shredded Mexican cheese, for serving
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped red onion
- Chopped avocado
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add onion and cook until just soft, about 5 minutes. Add turkey and season with salt. Cook, breaking up meat with the side of a spoon, until meat is cooked through, 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and chili powder and cook 1 minute. Add broth and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 2 minutes more.
- Double up lettuce leaves. Divide meat mixture among leaves. Sprinkle with cheese, tomato, onion, avocado, and cilantro and serve.
Comment 9632 / Based On 9632 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 9632 Customer Reviews