Monterey Chicken – This Silly Girl’s Kitchen , By www.healthcoverage.me .
Monterey chicken, an easy grilled bbq chicken topped with BACON and melty cheese.This recipe is enough for two portions. So, just double or triple the ingredients as required!
- 2 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1/4 Cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 Cup Monterey/Cheddar blend cheese or just cheddar is good!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- Before we start grilling, cut bacon in medium dice and cook it in a skillet over medium-low heat until crispy. Set aside. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and the dried spices.
- Heat grill over high heat for at least 5 minutes. Grease grates, place chicken on grill over medium heat. Let cook until almost done. When the chicken has an internal temperature of 150°F, baste with BBQ sauce on both sides and continue cooking until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. (Don’t baste the chicken as soon as it hits the grill or else the sugars in the BBQ sauce will burn.)
- When chicken is cooked through, place half of the bacon on top of each piece. Mix the cheeses together and spread evenly over each piece.
- Place top of the grill down and let the cheese melt, this will only take a couple minutes. Serve.
Comment 8964 / Based On 8964 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 8964 Customer Reviews