Orange Cranberry Bread with Glaze , By www.healthcoverage.me .
“This orange cranberry bread is incredibly moist, dense, and full of orange and cranberry in every bite. It’s even topped with a sweet orange glaze that puts it over the top. #orangecranberrybread #cranberrybread #dessert #sweetbread #berlyskitchen #Thanksgivingrecipe #holidayrecipe #holidaydessert #orangeglaze ”
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 1½ tbsp milk (can use heavy cream or half and half)
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice ((you’ll need 2 navel oranges for this total recipe))
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ tsp almond extract
- 1¾ cups fresh cranberries
- 1½ tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered confectioners’ sugar
- ½ tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ tsp almond extract
Orange Icing Glaze
- Combine sugar and orange zest. Mix until sugar takes on an orange color; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat sour cream, milk, orange juice, vegetable oil, eggs, and almond extract on low just until combined.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients plus orange sugar mixture to wet ingredients.
- Mix on low until smooth.
- Toss 1½ tbsp flour with cranberries. This will prevent the cranberries from moving too much.
- Fold in cranberries with bread batter.
- Grease and lightly flour a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Evenly spread batter into pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 70-85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (mine took 79 minutes). Tent with foil last 15 minutes of baking.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes then flip upside down to remove. Place on a cooling rack.
- Mix together orange glaze ingredients. Once completely cool, drizzle over bread. Slice into 12 slices.
Comment 9666 / Based On 9666 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 9666 Customer Reviews