Pan-seared brussels sprouts with cranberries & pecans , By www.healthcoverage.me .
Without realizing, you may have already laid your peepers on this flavorful side as it is pictured here with my world’s best chicken recipe. So many of you asked for the how-to of these brussels! And I’m happy to indulge. You’ll love this dish because it is versatile with many entrees AND the ingredients are available year-round, especially in winter (bonus!).
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, de-stemmed and halved
- 2/3 C fresh cranberries
- 1/3 C gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 C pecans
- 2 cups barley, cooked
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Heat skillet with drizzling of olive oil over medium heat. Season brussels sprouts with salt & pepper and combine with cranberries in skillet.
- Cook sprouts and cranberries for 8-10 minutes, until berries begin to burst and sprouts become tender. Add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Stir to coat and remove from heat.
- Toss barley, sprouts, cranberries, and pecans in a large bowl. Top with gorgonzola and serve.
Comment 8621 / Based On 8621 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 8621 Customer Reviews