Paula Deen’s Bread Pudding , By www.healthcoverage.me .
Paula Deen’s Bread Pudding – experienced chefs and cooks all agree this recipe is pretty hard to beat!
- 3 cups divided granulated sugar
- 5 large beaten eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons divided vanilla extract
- 3 cups cubed allow to stale overnight in a bowl Italian bread
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted, plus 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 beaten, for the sauce egg
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan.
- Mix together 2 cups granulated sugar, 5 eggs and milk in a bowl; add 2 teaspoons vanilla. Pour over cubed bread and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix and crumble together brown sugar, 1/4 cup softened butter and pecans.
- Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the top and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven.
- For the sauce:
- Mix together 1 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 egg, and 2 teaspoons vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir together until the sugar is melted. Add the brandy, stirring well. Pour over bread pudding. Serve warm or cold.
Comment 8564 / Based On 8564 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 8564 Customer Reviews