Potato Kielbasa Soup , By www.healthcoverage.me .
This potato kielbasa soup recipe is full of cheese, crispy sausage pieces, and potato chunks! It’s a hearty and cheesy soup, perfect for lunch or dinner. Super cheesy!
- 1(12-oz) pkg. kielbasa sausage
- Add (12-oz) pkg. kielbasa sausage
- ¼ c.Hy-Vee salted butter
- Add Hy-Vee salted butter
- 4medium russet potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Add medium russet potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- Add medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1medium onion, chopped
- Add medium onion, chopped
- ¼ c.Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- Add Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 3 c.Hy-Vee 33%-reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Add Hy-Vee 33%-reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1(8-oz) pkg. Hy-Vee finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (2 cups), plus more for garnish
- Add (8-oz) pkg. Hy-Vee finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (2 cups), plus more for garnish
- 4(1-oz) slices white American cheese, chopped
- Add (1-oz) slices white American cheese, chopped
- 1(12-oz) bottle Baraboo pilsner or Baraboo wheat beer
- Add(12-oz) bottle Baraboo pilsner or Baraboo wheat beer
- 1c.Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream
- Add Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream
- 1tbsp. Hy-Vee Worcestershire sauce
- Add Hy-Vee Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. Hy-Vee Dijon mustard
- Add Hy-Vee Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp.Hy-Vee kosher sea salt
- Add Hy-Vee kosher sea salt
- ⅛ tsp.ground white pepper
- Add ground white pepper
- ½ c.Hy-Vee crumbled bacon pieces, for garnish
- Add Hy-Vee crumbled bacon pieces, for garnish
- ¼ c.chopped fresh Italian parsley, for garnish
- Add chopped fresh Italian parsley, for garnish
- 6 slice(s)Hy-Vee Bakery marble rye bread, optional
- Quarter kielbasa lengthwise and slice the lengths. Place kielbasa slices in a 4-qt. Dutch oven. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until browned. Remove kielbasa from Dutch oven and set aside. Reduce heat to medium and melt butter in same Dutch oven. Add potatoes, parsnips and onion. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add flour. Cook and stir for 1 minute more or until flour is coated with butter and mixture is bubbly. Stir in chicken broth. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Step2 Cool mixture slightly. Place 2 cups of mixture in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Return puree to Dutch oven.
- Step3 Add cheeses, beer, cream, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and kielbasa. Cook over low heat until cheese melts, stirring occasionally.
- Step4 Serve soup topped with bacon pieces, parsley and additional shredded Cheddar cheese. If desired, cube slices of marble rye bread and serve on the side.
Comment 9647 / Based On 9647 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 9647 Customer Reviews