Quick & Easy Shrimp Scampi , By www.healthcoverage.me .
“You can have this easy Shrimp Scampi recipe on the table in 30 minutes! This quick shrimp dinner with white wine, lemon, and garlic is great for a busy weeknight or for entertaining. #shrimp #easydinner ”
- 1 pound large or extra-large shrimp, peeled with tails left on and deveined
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into four pieces
- 1/4 cup minced shallot (1 medium), see notes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup dry, crisp white wine like pinot grigio, sauvignon blanc or unoaked chardonnay, see notes for alternatives
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves and tender stems, chopped
- COOK SHRIMP
- Pat the shrimp dry then season with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a wide skillet. Place the skillet with olive oil over medium heat then add the shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Stir around the pan until fragrant; about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp, nestling them into the pan so that they are in one layer. A few shrimp stacked on top of each other is okay. Cook, without moving until the edges start to turn pink, about 1 minute.
- Flip the shrimp and stir in the wine and the juice from half a lemon (1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons). Continue to cook until the wine has reduced a bit and the shrimp are cooked through, another minute or two. Slide the skillet off of the heat.
- Transfer the shrimp to a plate, and then, with the skillet off of the heat, add the butter and parsley. Stir the butter around the pan so that it melts into the sauce making a creamy butter sauce. (If the butter is not melting, place the skillet over low heat until it does).
- Taste then season as needed with salt, pepper or additional lemon juice.
- Serve with a few extra slices of lemon on the side or with pasta, zucchini noodles or rice.
MAKE SCAMPI SAUCE
Comment 7985 / Based On 7985 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 7985 Customer Reviews