Sausage & Chicken Cajun Jambalaya Gluten-Free , By www.healthcoverage.me .
“This recipe has all of the flavors of authentic jambalaya. It comes together easily in one pot, is gluten-free and dairy-free for a simple and healthier Cajun dinner recipe. ”
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- 1 lb. chicken cut into ½-inch pieces
- 12 oz. andouille link sausage cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 ½ tsp. salt divided
- ¾ tsp. pepper divided
- 2 cups sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp. thyme dried
- 1 tsp. basil dried
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce gluten free
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 ½ cups long grain white rice rinsed and drained
- 4 ½ – 5 cups chicken broth
- Fresh parsley finely chopped
- See this recipe in Meal Plan #7
- In a large pot, or Dutch oven, add 1 tablespoon oil and sausage. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and continue cooking over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
- Remove meat from the pot and set aside.
- Drizzle another tablespoon of olive oil into the Dutch oven and then add onion, celery and bell pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until vegetables are almost tender. Add garlic and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
- Place chicken and sausage back into the pot.
- In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, thyme, basil and cayenne pepper. Toss to combine.
- Add seasoning mix, Worcestershire, tomato paste, and diced tomatoes to the meat and veggies. Stir to combine.
- Next, place rice and 4 ½ cup broth in the pot. Stir to completely combine.
- Bring contents to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Cover the pot with a lid and let simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Check on the jambalaya at 25 minutes and see if it needs additional liquid. If you have a pot that burns, this would be a good time to give the bottom of your pot a stir to loosen up any potentially dried rice.
- Once rice is completely cooked, serve immediately with fresh parsley and enjoy! See this recipe in Meal Plan #7
Comment 7995 / Based On 7995 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 7995 Customer Reviews