Sausage Stuffed portobello Mushrooms , By www.healthcoverage.me .
“Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms | Low Carb Dinner | Clean Eating | Healthy Dinner Recipe | Portobello Mushroom Recipes | Portobella Mushroom recipe | Sausage recipe | Easy dinner recipe #keto #lowcarb #easyrecipe #dinner #portobello #sausage ”
- 8 portobello mushrooms stems and gills removed
- 1 pound hot Italian Sausage ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes 1 can
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese grated
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- fresh basil for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Clean mushroom caps: Remove stems from mushrooms and use a spoon to scrape out the gills. Arrange mushroom caps on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, brown the sausage. Remove from pan. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When hot, add the onions and bell peppers, season with salt and pepper. Saute until they have released their water and water has evaporated, and they are soft and starting to turn golden.
- Add the garlic and oregano, sauté for 30 seconds. Add the crushed tomatoes. Add the sausage back into the pan, stir. Simmer for at least 20 minutes to let flavors combine.
- Spoon sausage mixture into the mushrooms, top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mushrooms are tender. Finish under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to brown cheese, if desired.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil if desired.
Comment 7965 / Based On 7965 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 7965 Customer Reviews