Snickers Brownies , By www.healthcoverage.me .
Snickers Brownies, Food blogger, recipe developer, food photographer. Creator of Crunchy Creamy Sweet blog.
- for the brownie layer:
- 1 boxed brownie mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 7.5 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- for the caramel layer:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted buter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz dark chocolate (you can use chocolate chips or chocolate bars)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
for the nougat layer:
for the chocolate layer:
- Grease a 9″x9″ baking pan with butter or oil, then line on all four sides with parchment paper. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Bake according to package temperature and directions, then allow to cool until just warm. Place brownies in fridge and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until completely chilled.
- To make the nougat, simply beat together the peanut butter, fluff, powdered sugar, and salt until combined. Mixture will be thick. Spread the nougat layer over the brownies using your hands into an even layer.
- Sprinkle peanuts over nougat layer, pressing down just slightly. Place brownies back into the fridge while you make your caramel.
- To make the caramel, in a heavy bottomed sauce pan, heat the sugar on medium low heat until its completely melted, swirling the pan gently every 20 seconds or so. The sugar will start to form clumps before melting slowly. Be patient and keep an eye on it to make sure it does not burn.
- Once melted, remove from heat immediately and stir in the butter. The mixture will violently bubble. You’re doing it right.
- Next, pour in the heavy cream and salt. Stir until everything is combined. Pour into small bowl or cup and allow to cool for 15 minutes before pouring over the nougat layer. Place brownies back in fridge to cool.
- Last, melt the chocolate! If using chocolate bars, first chop into small pieces. Then microwave the chocolate in 20 second increments, stirring in between each session. Once chocolate is fully melted, stir in coconut oil, then pour over caramel layer. Allow to cool completely in fridge before cutting into 16 squares!
Comment 7899 / Based On 7899 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 7899 Customer Reviews