Turnips Au Gratin , By www.healthcoverage.me .
“Low carb side dish! These turnips are so cheesy and this recipe is perfect for the holidays! #Easter #mothersday #recipe #lowcarb #keto ”
- 2 pounds turnips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9×9 baking dish.
- Rinse and peel the turnips. Slice turnips into 1/4 inch thick slices using a sharp knife, mandoline, or food processor.
- Arrange 1/3 of the turnips into the prepared baking dish.
- Combine the garlic powder, salt, and pepper and sprinkle the turnips with 1/3 of the seasoning.
- Combine the cheeses and sprinkle the turnips with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat the layers twice more ending with cheese.
- Pour the cream over the top of the mixture.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for 20 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the turnips are tender.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Comment 9687 / Based On 9687 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 9687 Customer Reviews