Vegan Tofu Tiramisu – UK Health Blog , By www.healthcoverage.me .
Vegan Tofu Tiramisu If you’re trying to follow a plant-based diet that minimises the amount of animal products you eat, or if you’re trying to eat healthier, then treating yourself to Tiramisu doesn’t seem to be a viable option. Typically made with cream, mascarpone cheese, white sugar and lady fingers. None of those things scream health to me, definitely indulgence, not health…
- For the sponge layer:
- 1 cup (150g) gluten-free flour
- 2/3 cup (100g) ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk of choice
- 150ml strong coffee (I mixed 1.5 tbsp instant espresso in 150ml hot water)
- 396g Cauldron Original Tofu, drained
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 level tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 2 tsp vanilla paste OR 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp milk of choice
- Pinch of salt
For the cream layer:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan assisted)/ 350°F
- To make the sponge: mix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl, then pour in the oil, maple syrup and milk. Mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into a lined 8″ square cake tin and bake for 15 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
- To make the cream layer: First drain the tofu from as much liquid as possible. I find the easiest way to do this is to break up the tofu into a nut milk bag/straining bag and squeeze out all the fluid. You can also use a muslin cloth.
- Blend all the cream layer ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- To assemble: I used these dessert rings to shape my individual tiramisus*. Use one of the rings to cut out 4 rings from the sponge cake, and then carefully slice each circle in half horizontally. You will end up with 8 round sponge discs.
- Place one of the discs back into the dessert ring, then drizzle on top 2-3 tsp of the brewed coffee. You need enough for the sponge to absorb, but make sure you don’t use too much otherwise the sponge will become too soft.
- Top with a few teaspoons of the cream mixture, and then repeat the above step so you end up with two layers of sponge and 2 layers of cream.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours, then carefully remove the rings and top with a generous dusting of cocoa powder and cherries
Comment 8643 / Based On 8643 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 8643 Customer Reviews